Our Mission Statement, Ethos and Values
To provide a stimulating environment which enables all children to enjoy learning and reach their individual potential.
Ethos and Values:
The key values at The Robert Drake Primary School are:
respect, honesty and kindness.
These values are central to the school aims which are:
· to provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum which is accessible to all pupils;
· to enable all children to reach their full potential by the use of engaging and flexibly structured activities;
· to encourage a high level of concentration through the provision of relevant, interesting and purposeful activities;
· to achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility;
· to encourage mutual respect and trust between all members of the school community;
· to encourage parents/carers to take an active part in their child’s education both at home and school;
· to increase an awareness of, and sensitivity towards, others;
· to provide a learning environment where children are confident to take risks and can flourish through feeling secure, valued and able to discover their own talents and potential;
· to celebrate the worth and individuality of every member of the school community – “All different, all unique and all special”;
· to promote the physical, creative, social, moral, spiritual, cultural and emotional development of each child in a calm and friendly atmosphere.